Online Programmer (Fortnite Creative)
ENGINEERING - FORTNITE
What We Do
Driving the plug-in power behind Unreal Engine 5. We bridge connections for licensees and our own internal game teams to online services. This allows games like Fortnite to utilize a combination of platform online services as well as Epic's own online services to build cross-platform online features. Login, parties, voice chat, matchmaking, purchasing, cloud storage, and analytics are just a few examples of online features that our Online Game Services team helps games utilize.
What You'll Do
As a member of the Creative team, you'll be integrating and expanding upon our online features that underpin the future of Fortnite Creative. You'll be familiar with different backend technologies and will craft highly available, high throughput, low latency services at scale.
You'll be comfortable with integrating in backend APIs to our client and dedicated servers with a holistic view to a feature's operation.
In This Role You Will
• Write distributed systems to handle large scale challenges (we use Node.js and Scala)
• Integrate online systems within our client or dedicated servers (we use extensive C++)
• Work with public cloud infrastructure to facilitate a fast moving ecosystem (we use AWS)
• Craft solutions using modern SQL and non-relational databases (we use MongoDB, Dynamo and Redis)
• Work with the client, dedicated server and backend teams to ensure that a feature has been implemented in an efficient manner.
What We're Looking For
• Expertise with C++
• A flexible working attitude with a focus on live service stability
• Experience writing asynchronous systems with some of the logic on both the client and server
• Professional experience in game development
This position is listed in multiple locations across North America and Europe including
• Guildford, UK
• Stockholm, Sweden
• Berlin, Germany
• Warsaw, Poland
• Cary NC, USA
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkppxq-3-236-225-157-42 in your application.