Engineering at Epic
What we do
Unreal-powered projects have been on the bleeding edge of real-time entertainment for over 20 years. Our team of engineering experts are always innovating to improve the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
What you'll do
We are looking for an Engineer with a strong passion for Networking to implement and develop networking features in Unreal Engine 4. You will work closely with members of our game and engine teams, building the world's premier game engine technology.
In this role, you will
• Maintain and enhance the core networking and replay features of Unreal Engine 4 across all supported platforms
• Develop new networking features
• Work with game teams to support their multiplayer gameplay needs
• Provide support to users and licensees for networking-related issues
What we're looking for
• Strong C++ knowledge
• Deep experience with network and multiplayer programming on multiple shipped titles
• Knowledge of computer networking, such as the socket API, TCP and UDP a plus
• Experience working with optimization and multithreaded systems
• Experience having successfully implemented multiplayer gameplay features in a client-server model
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj2vq2-18-204-227-34-42 in your application.