What we do
LiveOps is the backstop that ensures that Epic operates in the best interest of our players' experience. The LiveOps team dives deep into data to understand our player needs, holds a relentlessly high bar for Epic's service quality, focuses the attention of our business and tech teams on the right priorities, and operates Epic's incident management process.
We take lessons from previous incidents and analyses into consideration and inject them into the planning processes for future work. These insights help us inform new and better tools and processes to continue empowering rapid delivery at an increasingly large scale.
What you'll do
On the LiveOps team you will play a key role in mitigating the risks of our fast-paced online operations strategy, minimizing disruption to our customers, and maximizing the value of our product teams. You will maintain a dedicated focus on what our players are experiencing in real time. You'll have the opportunity to influence the product teams building the Epic Game Store, Epic Online Services, and Fortnite as they ship great experiences for millions of concurrent players and dozens of studio partners. LiveOps Analysts at Epic Games have a unique, high-impact role with a wide degree of freedom and outsized impact on the course of our business.
In this role, you will
• Own and operate Epic's company-wide incident management process.
• Deploy Fortnite game changes while monitoring service health to ensure changes are rolled out safely.
• Plan and manage Fortnite's game server infrastructure to optimize player experience, execute unprecedented scale in-game events, and guide technology investments.
• Develop monitoring dashboards, alarms, and measurement strategies to ensure that we capture customer impact, opportunity, and efficiency gains. We work with affected teams to deliver positive changes on behalf of our players.
• Be the voice of the customer in a wide variety of contexts across Epic's business.
What we're looking for
• You thrive on ambiguity. You can understand a diverse set of product features and both identify how an issue impacts a single customer, as well as quantify overall business impact. You're capable of identifying larger trends surrounding disparate issues and enable product teams to identify and solve the underlying issues.
• You are decisive and know how to get stuff done. LiveOps Analysts are often asked to make and own major player-impacting decisions without oversight. You're comfortable with engaging and advising senior leadership on both real-time and strategic decisions. You're successful at managing your own time and output, as well as selecting projects with a calculated long-term positive effect on Epic's business and player experience.
• You have a strong technical basis and know how to learn new things. Strong analysis and problem solving skills are essential to do this role successfully (we live in Grafana, Tableau, and similar tools). The ability to comfortably write queries in SQL is essential. Experience with AWS and other cloud infrastructure tools will make you comfortable in this role and the ability to script and automate actions in languages like Python, Ruby, or Go is a bonus.
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d934m4-3-236-222-124-42 in your application.