Level Designer (Events)
DESIGN AT EPIC
What We Do
Put your design skills to work at a cutting-edge company that challenges the norm. From character and level design to competitive gameplay and system design, help shape the future of interactive entertainment at Epic.
What You'll Do
Epic is looking for a Level Designer to join our Design team working on Fortnite. In this role, you'll utilize your experience, knowledge of design tools, and sense of scale to push the visual quality of the game and delight players with fresh experiences. Level Designers at Epic are a part of a cross-discipline content team working to develop great looking levels which expand the Fortnite universe.
In This Role You Will
• Create levels for Fortnite using modular kits to design visually appealing and fun locations that follow gameplay rules
• Focus on the visual quality of the game levels
• Use content to tell stories, pushing the ambient storytelling in the world
• Use your experience and tools to make the worlds come alive
• Help drive the vision of in game locations from planning all the way to ship
• Work effectively in a collaborative environment, providing input and regular feedback
What We're Looking For
• Experience using a level editor (UE4, or similar)
• Direct involvement with prop placement, lighting, mood/atmosphere and design markup
• Experience working closely and communicating with artists
• Demonstrated ability to improvise and creatively solve problems
• You're user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Nice To Have Skills
• Visual scripting experience (Blueprints, for example)
• Experience with procedural level generation
• Experience working on multiplayer shooter games
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d29585-54-227-97-219-42 in your application.