Lead Web Engineer (Epic Online Services)
Online Engineering at Epic
What we do
Driving the plug-in power behind Unreal Engine 4. We bridge connections for licensees and our own internal game teams to online services. This allows games like Fortnite to utilize a combination of platform online services as well as Epic's own online services to build cross-platform online features. Login, parties, voice chat, matchmaking, purchasing, cloud storage, and analytics are just a few examples of online features that our Online Game Services team helps games utilize.
What you'll do
We're looking for a Lead Web Engineer to join the Epic Online Services (EOS) team to work directly on our Developer Portal project and the backend services that support it. In this role, you'll lead the project with focus on the backend and help to grow the team around it.
In this role, you will
Own the full service delivery process of React/Node.js web apps - architecting systems, configuring development environment, setting up CI/CD and automated testing, provisioning AWS, configuring monitoring tools, communicating with other teams and planning the integration of variety of internal services into Developer Portal and admin interfaces.
You will also:
• Lead a team to establish shared practices and development standards
• Review Developer Portal systems architecture, identify areas of improvement, plan and initiate corresponding work
• Facilitate collaboration of the Developer Portal team with other Epic teams
• Manage backlog of bug fixes, feature requests and system enhancements
• Participate in active development and maintenance of the existing codebase
• Proactively research new web technologies
• Enhance CI/CD pipeline for Node.js applications to make it fast and replicable
• Develop internal dashboard tooling with React
What we're looking for
• Someone who is user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
• Experience leading a team
• Mindset of writing well tested code, including unit-testing, integration testing and end-to-end testing
• Focus on service maintainability and security
• Understanding authorization and authentication mechanisms (OAuth, OpenID, JWT)
• Experience of working with SQL databases
• Experience writing front-end applications (we use React)
Nice to have skills
• Knowledge of TypeScript
• Experience of working with AWS, Kubernetes, Terraform, Ansible
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmxjpm-35-172-223-30-42 in your application.