Tools Programmer, Fortnite Creative
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic.
Engineering at Epic
What we do
Fortnite and Unreal Engine are leading the world of online entertainment through innovation in experiences and events. Games, concerts, movies, and giant world-eating villains are just some of the experiences we've delivered so far. As engineers, we build the tools and technology that allows the team to dream up and deliver new possibilities.
What you'll do
As part of the Fortnite Creative Team you'll be working on an ambitious new project that changes how experiences are built and delivered in Fortnite.
In this role you'll lead a team of developers working across the stack to develop responsive user-centric experiences for services that we provide to Creative users in Fortnite.
Most importantly you'll work with a creative, energetic, and fun team to continue making Fortnite one of the most popular and engaging gaming experiences in the world!
In this role, you will
• Lead and grow a team of developers as a people manager as well as a tactical contributor and driver of success.
• Ensure the utilization of the appropriate web technologies to build user-friendly high-performance web applications on the front-end and back-end.
• Design, review, and oversee the implementation of web frameworks that deliver features to users.
• Perform performance analysis and security hardening of web applications and infrastructure
• Providing input for production/live release control process
• Communicate technical risks across the group
What we're looking for
• 4 Years+ experience architecting and leading innovative web projects leveraging modern web development best practices
• Passion for building and maintaining consumer-facing web applications that are secure, scalable, and highly available
• Knowledge in functional programming is a big asset
• Experience with cloud technologies, preferably AWS cloud services
• Experience with database systems, both relational and NoSQL database
Like what you hear? Be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 1,800+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we've been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic's award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9770k-3-227-235-216-42 in your application.
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is also adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation.