Senior Consumer Product Designer
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic.
What you'll do
Epic is looking for passionate Lead Visual Designers. In this position you will lead and manage a team of visual designers working on major initiatives of Fortnite (E.g., Gameplay UI, the Battlepass, or Social Systems). You will guide your team to produce well thought out features and systems by generating high fidelity mockups, prototypes, design systems, and style guides. You will then work with a multi-disciplinary team to ship these features to millions of players around the world.
In this role, you will
• Inspire, mentor, and manage a Visual Design team (between 2-4).
• Roll up your sleeves from time to time and create game menus, HUD elements, in-world graphic design, logos, iconography systems, and motion graphics.
• Contribute to the new vision for Fortnite's UI that we're working towards.
• Work closely with UX, game design, code, audio, and animation to create beautiful looking UI and graphic design elements Present and pitch designs to Product Managers, Developers, and Stakeholders.
• Work quickly and effectively in a fast paced environment.
• Collaborate with other UX/UI Craft leads to ensure great communication is happening and stronger cross team relationships are built.
What we're looking for
• You have 2-4 years of experience managing a team of 1-4 people or equivalent training.
• 7+ years of experience designing in game UI and/or other visual displays for games, movies, or websites, etc.
• You have 7+ years of experience working in Agile environments and on multi-disciplinary teams.
• You are skilled with Figma, the Adobe Suite, and prototyping software.
• You have excellent written and verbal communication skills and at least 5+ years of experience presenting to other team members and stakeholders.
• You're user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do
Nice to have skills
• Experience with Unreal Engine and designing and/or building 3D graphics.
• You have worked on AAA game titles.
• Unreal Motion Graphics UI Designer experience.
• Experience with building materials in Unreal Engine.
Please submit your resume with a portfolio and we'll be in touch soon!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d223x6-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is also adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation.