What We Do
We design customer and user-focused experiences that are fresh and innovative, while problem solving by anticipating user behavior and hurdles. We approach the most complex of problems and address them with simple, intuitive, and useful solutions.
What You'll Do
Epic is looking for passionate Lead Tech UI Designers. In this position, you will lead and manage a team of Technical UI designers (4-8) working on a major initiative at Epic. You will guide your team to build well thought out features and systems using Unreal Engine, UMG, Blueprints, and C++. You will work collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team to ship features to millions of players around the world.
In this role, you will
• Lead a team of Tech UI designers (4-8) working in one of the major initiatives at Epic.
• Set up a culture of mentorship and excellence within the Tech UI design craft.
• Collaborate with other UX/UI Craft leads to ensure great communication is happening and stronger cross team relationships are built.
• Establish best practices and procedures for Tech UI Design.
• Help build tools and systems that will help clear up UI tech debt, make it easier and faster to ship UI, and level up the UI overall.
• Work collaboratively across multiple teams to create consistency.
What we're looking for
• A service oriented, compassionate leader.
• 2 - 4 years of experience managing a team of 2-8 people or equivalent training.
• You have excellent written and verbal communication skills and at least 5+ years of experience presenting to other team members and stakeholders.
• 5+ years of professional engine experience (Custom engine, Unity, UE4, Lumberyard, Snowdrop, etc.), and have game industry 3D-package experience (3D Studio, Maya, etc.).
• 5+ years of scripting experience, bonus points for C++ experience
• 3+ years of experience hiring and managing multiple teams.
• You're known for thinking at big picture views strategically and identifying and solving extremely complex problem spaces.
If you have a portfolio/reel/website you'd like to share, please hyperlink it to your resume, or submit it as an attachment with your application.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpqq34-3-227-251-94-42 in your application.