WHAT WE DO
We are the Advanced Character Technology team at Epic, the humans behind MetaHuman Creator. We work tirelessly to improve high fidelity characters in Unreal Engine, with a focus on not only pushing the bar but making those technologies accessible to everyone.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
We are looking for a Lead Technical Animator to own the vision for rigging and deformations. You'll help chart a course, working with some of the industry's best engineers and artists to not only push high-end technologies forward, but democratize their use.
In this role, you will
• Help design and implement new Unreal Engine character technologies related to rigging and deformation.
• Set and maintain the MetaHuman quality bar on new assets from a rigging and deformation standpoint.
• Work with animators to improve the MetaHuman puppet and develop new animation and rigging interfaces and tools.
• Be the advocate working with engineering to ensure new rigging technologies are performant on target hardware.
• Lead rigging efforts across multiple teams.
• Work with Art Producer to set/maintain rigging plan
• Mentor junior rigging-focused technical animators or interns if needed
• Still be able to do hands-on rigging, but should not be the critical path.
What we're looking for
• AAA game experience shipping great-looking characters
• A good eye and knowledge and understanding of anatomy and deformation..
• Extensive character experience in Maya.
• Unreal Engine experience.
• Experience working on feature development with engineers.
• Good communication skills and experience leading technical teams from the trenches.
• An experienced problem solver.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjwx8e-35-168-110-128-42 in your application.