Engineering at Epic
What we do
Unreal projects have been leading the pack of real-time entertainment with our constantly growing team of engineering experts. We're always improving on the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic.
Come be part of the excitement and energy to help continue building Fortnite into one of the biggest games in the world! Epic Games is looking for experienced Gameplay Programmers to join Fortnite's growing Engineering team. We believe that the best gameplay experiences are driven by collaboration and iteration between gameplay programmers, designers, and artists. You will play a critical role in driving future gameplay features, whether it's new surprising items in Battle Royale, or pushing Save the World in new, exciting directions.
In this role, you will
• Be responsible for the overall success of your team.
• Mentor and coach a team of engineers, making everyone around you better.
• Be a primary hub for communication and information that other disciplines can come to for guidance.
• Play a strong role in improving overall team velocity and build health. Be a force multiplier by way of concrete actions.
• Promote efficient and timely delivery of core game systems, and speak up when the team is over or under-scoped.
• Distill high-level feature requests into meaningful, actionable work-items, and delegate to the team effectively.
• Ensure the technical approach being proposed for a given feature satisfies both the surface-level, and deeper, engineering-specific requirements.
• Propose architecture and lead the vision for the different game systems needed to deliver features.
• Be able and willing to jump-in and participate in writing code when necessary.
What we're looking for
• Experience developing games professionally, and shipping AAA titles
• Experience leading a team of gameplay engineers on shipped AAA titles
• A keen analytical mind, with strong problem-solving skills
• Strong C++ skills and the ability to code and architect game systems and tools
• Experience/interest in full stack development, including UI/UX through backend
• Well versed in games and the ability to articulate what is strong/weak about the design of existing games (an interest in online games is preferred)
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Console experience
• Performance profiling and optimization experience
• Experience working on a live service game
• Self-motivated, strong work ethic, and able to work independently
• Creativity in problem-solving and the ability to think outside of the established solutions
• Keen interest in games
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1p12v-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.