ENGINEERING - SPECIAL PROJECTS
What We Do
The Special Projects team at Epic is responsible for executing high-impact projects that push the envelope to define the future of real-time graphics and gaming technology (The Matrix Awakens, Lumen in the Land of Nanite). In collaboration with the Unreal Engine team, we strive to put our technology and knowledge into the hands of users, empowering developers and content creators with the most powerful suite of real-time tools in the world.
What You'll Do
As a member of our team you will play a critical role in driving future projects that push boundaries, inspire creators, and help define the future of the Unreal Engine. As a Lead Gameplay Programmer, you will lead the technical aspects of interactive projects, build and lead teams of engineers, and collaborate with content creators to create cutting-edge interactive experiences.
In This Role You Will
• Build and lead a project engineering team
• Experiment with game design and use rapid prototyping while ensuring that strong architectural and algorithmic decisions are made
• Work closely with art and design to create and iterate on gameplay features
• Collaborate with Unreal Engine teams to help guide ongoing feature development
• Optimize and fix bugs in existing gameplay systems
• Contribute ideas toward all aspects of the game's production and development
• Write robust, maintainable code
What We're Looking For
• Experience developing games professionally and shipping AAA titles
• A keen analytical mind with strong problem-solving skills
• Strong C++ skills and the ability to code and architect gameplay mechanics and tools
• Strong math skills
• Well versed in games and the ability to articulate what is strong/weak about the design of existing games
• Adept at delivering and responding to constructive feedback
• Self-motivated, strong work ethic, and able to work independently
• Creativity in problem-solving and the ability to think outside of the established solutions
• Keen interest in games
• Someone who is user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
This position is listed in multiple locations across North America and Europe including
Cary, North Carolina
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqb0wx-3-238-199-4-42 in your application.