PROGRAMMING - GAMES
What We Do
Unreal projects have been leading the pack of real-time entertainment with our constantly growing team of programming experts. We're always improving on the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
What You'll Do
Today, we are growing the team that is forging the first adventures in LEGO Fortnite, blending the engaging and welcoming Fortnite universe with the creativity and playfulness of LEGO. We're looking for a Gameplay Programming Lead for the Gameplay team within LEGO Fortnite. You will have a dedicated team of reports and the help, and close partnership, of other Gameplay teams from across Unreal Engine and Fortnite. Most importantly, you'll work with a creative, energetic, and fun team to bring a brand-new game experience to players worldwide!
In this role, you will
• Lead a team of programmers focused on player-facing features and gameplay systems.
• Build and maintain bridges with stakeholders to realize company vision.
• Experiment with game design and use rapid prototyping while ensuring that strong architectural and algorithmic decisions are made.
• Work closely with art and design to create and iterate on gameplay features.
• Prototype and iterate on features and be willing to accept and respond to critical feedback.
• Optimize and fix bugs in existing gameplay systems.
• Contribute ideas toward all aspects of the game's production and development.
What we're looking for
• Strong C++ skills and programming principles knowledge.
• Talent for building robust, extensible, maintainable systems.
• Experience developing AAA games or game engine technology professionally.
• Self-motivated, strong work ethic, and able to work independently.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated ability to communicate fluently in English (written and verbal)
• Experience with player engagement and retention systems is a plus.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8nbv6-34-239-154-201-42 in your application.