Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic.
Design at Epic
What you'll do
Epic Games is looking for Lead Game Designers to join our team working on Fortnite. In this role, you'll drive a team of designers in order to create features and systems that delight players with fresh experiences. Lead Game Designers at Epic are a part of a cross-discipline development team that own the vision and drive to create innovative features and content which expand the Fortnite universe.
In this role, you will
• Own the design, vision and outcome for major features or large areas of the game.
• Communicate and represent a project vision to team members of all crafts.
• Collaborate with product management and marketing teams to ensure player satisfaction and overall game health.
• Lead by example to set the quality bar for design.
• Actively participate in big-picture decisions, and ensure the design team focuses on the right elements to achieve superior results.
• Create and supervise the creation of clear, structured design documents.
• Drive collaborative and iterative prototyping, both paper-based and in-game.
• Attend playtests, provide feedback, and identify practical solutions to problems.
• Work closely with production to identify, prioritize, assign, and evaluate design work.
• Lead, develop and grow the design team, enabling designers to achieve their career goals and best outcomes while also increasing the capabilities of the team.
• Resolve conflicts and foster a healthy, fun working environment.
What we're looking for
• 7+ years experience shipping multiple AAA titles as a Game Designer.
• 2+ years in a Lead Game Designer role, including experience managing or leading a team.
• Passion for games with a wide breadth of game knowledge.
• Demonstrated talent for empathizing with players and a deep understanding of player motivations.
• Strong interest in BR and multiplayer games with an understanding of what makes them work.
• Organized leader who can structure and plan their own work, and guide planning and goals for their teams.
• Solution oriented problem solver who can react quickly to changing project needs and drive to decisions.
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 1,800+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we've been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic's award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj297w-3-235-223-5-42 in your application.