Manchester, United Kingdom
What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic's success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it's building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we're always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We're constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
About Cubic Motion
Cubic Motion creates and deploys advanced computer vision to transform the production and consumption of digital media. We're a company of around 100 + internationally-acclaimed computer vision researchers, engineers, and a vastly experienced production team.
Our innovations include world-leading technologies for precise tracking in marker less video, stereo, and depth data. These methods, already well-known for powering the industry's leading facial animation services, now bring real-time capabilities to creatives and consumers alike.
What you'll do
As part of our newly-created Rigging Team, you will be working with Design, Code, and Animation teams. You will collaboratively bring characters to life using sophisticated scanning, rigging, and animation technologies. You will also help identify areas of the character design pipeline that can be optimised and streamlined whilst constantly driving to push the development of digital humans forward.
This is a great opportunity for the role holder to make their mark on the future of digital humans and be accredited for some of our forthcoming projects.
In this role, you will
• Be a subject matter expert of FACS rigs for either games or high-end VFX
• Oversee and ensure the quality of rigs produced by the team
• Ensure the team meets deadlines under production constraints
• Create tools to help animation workflows
• Receive direction from leadership and escalate issues quickly, if and as needed
• Mentor and provide support to the wider team
What we're looking for
• You will be passionate about all fields of Character Development and Animation with a demonstrable portfolio of work experience of rigging experience for high profile VFX and/or animation projects
• Experience with high-end FACS based rigging photoreal characters
• Good understanding of underlying linear algebra used in rigging
• Familiarity with pipeline issues and a big character/creature heavy post-production environment
• Expert knowledge/experience of human anatomy & facial expression - with an eye to detail and aesthetic performance
• Strong knowledge of Autodesk Maya Facial Rigging and a robust understanding of all aspects of character design is essential for this role.
• Programming/scripting skills (e.g. Python, Maya API) for tool development
Nice to have skills
• Experience in managing a team
• Experience working with Unreal Engine
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
We pay 100% for benefits except for PMI (for dependents). We offer private medical insurance, one fund cash plan, pension, disability and life insurance, transportation and meals.
All Epic employees enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge - and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love we have for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is also adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation.