Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic.
Engineering at Epic
What we do
Fortnite and Unreal Engine are leading the world of online entertainment through innovation in experiences and events. Games, concerts, movies, and giant world-eating villains are just some of the experiences we've delivered so far. As engineers, we build the tools and technology that allows the team to dream up and deliver new possibilities.
What you'll do
As part of the Fortnite Creative Team you'll be working on an ambitious new project that changes how experiences are built and delivered in Fortnite.
You'll lead a group of engineers and SDETs working on initiatives that improve how our team builds, tests, delivers, and supports features. We believe Automation, continuous integration, testing, and analytics are key to maximizing a development team's effectiveness.
Most importantly you'll work with a creative, energetic, and fun team to continue making Fortnite one of the most popular and engaging gaming experiences in the world!
In this role, you will
• Be a vision holder for leveraging automation, Continuous Integration, and other solutions to maximise developer efficiency and product quality.
• Provide daily leadership to SDETs, engineers, QA, and other departments in engineering automation and test best practices.
• Build APIs, frameworks, and tools for other development teams.
• Identify shortcomings in our development tools and drive the design and implementation of improvements.
• Drive the design and extension of our automated framework to better meet the needs of a fast moving team.
What we're looking for
• 5+ years working on tools/frameworks/systems with C++ (C# experience a bonus)
• A passion for maximizing developer efficiency and product quality through automation.
• Experience providing direction to other engineers and collaborating with discipline peers.
• An understanding of game engines and game development concepts such as scripting, exporters, data processing, packaging, deployment.
• Experience with automation frameworks and continuous integration software such as Jenkins, Teamcity, etc
• Experience working with a large codebase at a fast pace, and making trade-offs between usability, performance, and efficiency
Like what you hear? Be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 1,800+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we've been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic's award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkee4p-3-230-144-31-42 in your application.