What We Do
Push your artistic talent to the limit on a team of world-class environment, character and concept artists who strive to innovate and inspire.
What You'll Do
Epic Games is looking for a Lead Concept Artist to join our team working on Fortnite. In this role you will work directly with the art and design departments to help our team create and quickly iterate on exciting, purposeful characters that look amazing. You should have a combination of strong creative/visual aesthetics, excellent design skills, leadership experience, and a clear rendering style in designing characters. You should be able to demonstrate that you can think outside the box and translate an awesome gameplay experience into an awesome visual experience as well as have experience creating stylized to semi-stylized concept content.
In this role, you will
• Create characters, enemies, and environments based on direction from the project Art Director and input from the game design team
• Based on visual direction from the Art Director, collaborate on the visual style and ensure our designs are of the Epic quality bar
• Help Epic push the visual envelope by creating stunning and inspiring characters
• Create and iterate unique and stunning designs within a determined production schedule
• Create alternate skin designs for approved hero characters
• Partner with other departments such as Character Design or Modeling team, to ensure the concept designs work within the project workflow
What we're looking for
• Ability to help mentor and coach a growing team of artists
• Experience designing slick, detailed, modern, forward looking characters
• An eye for modern fashion-forward aesthetics that speak to our audience of teens and young adults
• A mind for technical function and aesthetic pursuit with an ability to balance creativity with function
• Ability to work within gameplay design restraints (environment scale, character abilities, prototype function, etc.) and translate those restrictions into visuals that enhance the experience
• Experience creating mechanical designs
• Strong traditional drawing skills and knowledge of the human anatomy
• Strong understanding of color theory and how color affects mood & focal points
• Excellent verbal, written, and visual communication skills
• Experience with the Unreal Engine
• User-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4mjey-18-232-179-5-42 in your application.