Game Tester - QA
Epic Games is growing and is looking for Online Service Team Leads to join our mission in delivering free, cross-platform game services for all developers. First announced in December 2018, Epic Online Services will release services throughout 2019 in our SDK that helps developers launch, operate, and scale high-quality online games.
The Online Service Team Lead will guide a team of Software Engineers, Testers, Analysts and others in providing developers the infrastructure and tools currently powering Fortnite to create game experiences like never before. Learn more at http://epic.gm/b0i6x
• Lead team in creating and operating online systems and solutions spanning backend services, Web app and SDKs
• Own technical design and drive implementation of robust, highly scalable online solutions
• Definition, delivery and ongoing improvement of SLAs for online services environment - system health and monitoring, reporting and response, on call resolution
• Partner with stakeholders to establish clear priorities and defining expectations which translate to scope of work team can effectively deliver on
• Team Management - understanding strengths and opportunities for growth, surfacing opportunities for development
• Ongoing, transparent communication with a focus on expectations fostering trust with internal stakeholders and external partners
• Deep knowledge and ability to drive best practices around industry standards including scalability, resiliency, security
• 7+ years software engineering industry experience developing online systems with object-oriented oriented programming languages. Java preferred
• Proven track record of guiding and developing teams delivering online solutions at scale leveraging industry best practices and standards
• Knowledge and understanding of system health, monitoring and troubleshooting for distributed online solutions
• Hands-on development of applications with persistent connections (web socket, server-side events, etc)
• Experience building asynchronous, non-blocking online services
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is also adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation.