ENGINEERING AT EPIC
WHAT WE DO
Unreal projects have been leading the pack of real-time entertainment with our constantly growing team of engineering experts. We're always improving on the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Epic Games is looking for a Test Automation Lead who is passionate about developing test automation pipelines. You will lead a team of Software Development Engineers in Test (SDET) focusing on the development of automated test solutions for Unreal Engine. If you are passionate about utilizing automation to improve quality, performance, test coverage, and developer efficiency then we'd love to talk with you!
In this role, you will
• Lead a team of SDETs focusing on automated test solutions for Unreal Engine
• Implement automation tests around key editor and engine systems and features
• Identify opportunities for leveraging automation across Epic Games
• Provide coaching and mentorship to junior and mid-level SDET engineers
• Task other developers as necessary to complete work to an agreed-upon schedule and quality
• Act as a vision holder for maintaining a ''testable software'' mentality at Epic Games
• Extend or design automation frameworks and tools as necessary
• Work with software engineers on the Unreal Engine teams to ensure features are written as testable units
• Collaborate with QA to develop automation processes that are robust, reliable, and easy to use
What we're looking for
• 5+ years of experience leading engineering teams in the games or content creation industry
• 5+ years of experience developing automation/performance tools
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated ability to communicate fluently in English (written and verbal)
• Excellent C++, C#, Python skills
• Experience in leading and mentoring other developers.
• Experience of CIS systems such as Jenkins, Team City, etc.
• Experience of SQL/NoSQL databases
• Creative problem-solving skills.
• Excellent communications at the individual and team level.
• Experience working with multiple platforms.
• Knowledge of Unreal Engine 4 is a major plus
• Knowledge of HTML5/ReactJS as a plus.
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 1,800+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we've been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic's award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k, and profit-sharing.
All Epic employees enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge - and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
LIKE WHAT YOU HEAR? YOU CAN BE EPIC.
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is also adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation.