ANIMATION - SPECIAL PROJECTS
What We Do
The Special Projects team at Epic is responsible for executing high-impact projects that push the envelope to define the future of real-time graphics and gaming technology (The Matrix Awakens, Lumen in the Land of Nanite). Push your artistic talent to the limit collaborating with a team of world-class developers who strive to innovate and inspire.
What You'll Do
Epic Games is searching for a Lead Animator to join our Special Projects team. A successful candidate should have a great understanding of the fundamentals of animation and how they relate to gameplay animation. They should have the ability to implement animations in the Unreal editor using our animation blueprint system.
In this role, you will
• Take animation from initial concept through to implementation in Unreal Engine using our animation blueprint system
• Lead a growing team of animators, helping mentor and drive the style and feel of animation
What we're looking for
• You have an animation reel showing key-framed character and creature animations
• Strong experience with Maya and gameplay systems
• Good instincts for realistic and stylized motions
• Strong communication and leadership skills
• A good understanding of modeling, rigging and skinning and be able to give concise and timely notes to get to the best possible outcome
• Professional experience working with the Unreal Engine art pipeline
• Experience working with mocap data
• You have shipped multiple titles
• User-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
If you have a portfolio/reel/website you'd like to share, please hyperlink it to your resume, or submit it as an attachment with your application.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqzjvm-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.