Software Engineer - Cubic Motion
Manchester, United Kingdom
Purpose of role:
The IT Studio Admin is responsible for delivering onsite and remote support in accordance with IT service level agreements. This individual will collaborate widely with Epic IT at other sites and will be responsible for end user support, maintaining local computing and AV resources. By partnering with end-users and technology groups, the admin ensures all incidents are handled, resolved, and reported back within the promised timeframes. This role handles Tier 1 and 2 support tasks, as well as performing some network and server management tasks.
• Meet all tickets/projects SLAs
• Workstation imaging via MDT, WDS, WS1 Acronis, SCCM, etc.
• Responsible for supporting mobile devices like Android, iPhones and iPads
• Responsible for local hardware setups and software support for new hires, visitors and contractors
• Responsible for activating network ports for all desktops and network devices (computers and wireless access points)
• Identity management through Active Directory & Okta
• Hardware inventory and asset management
• Conference Room/Audio Visual support and technical support for company events
• Monitor and audit health of local infrastructure, and participate in on-call support rotation with the team for events requiring manual intervention or on-site escalation
• Work with 3rd party vendors for assistance as needed, including all local RMAs for desktop and infrastructure hardware.
• Strong customer service skills
• Must be able to work well independently
• Ability to prioritize and quickly resolve issues
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Effective prioritization and project management skills
• Strong organization skills
• Good/humble/fun personality
• Passionate about IT and service delivery
• Good coordination skills to collaborate with other teams
• Experience participating in a On-call rotation
• Experience using help desk ticketing system (JIRA Service Desk is a plus)
• Strong understanding of desktop components and desktop architecture
• Experience building and repairing custom desktops
• Experience using remote support tools (example; Dameware)
• Maintaining desktop documentation (Confluence is a plus)
• Experience dealing with incident troubleshooting and escalation procedures
• Experience using backup/recovery software for desktops
• Basic understanding of TCP/IP routing and network protocols
• Ability to troubleshoot network issues, for wireless, LAN, and WAN
• Basic understanding of how DNS, DHCP, DFS, GPO plays in a desktop ecosystem
• Windows 7,10 required, Server 2008/2012 a plus
• Experience supporting Mac OS required
• Experience using software deployment tools
• Basic experience with A/V hardware and conference room setups (Control4 a plus)
• Basic support of video conferencing solutions such as Lifesize, Google Hangouts, etc.
• Familiarity with ITIL a plus
• Experience developing scripts to automate day to day desktop activities a strong plus (PowerShell, shell scripting, or python)
• Familiarity with version control systems such as Git, Perforce a plus
• Experience supporting Atlassian suite products like JIRA, Confluence and JIRA Service Desk a plus
• BSc in Computer Science or MCITP/ A+/ Network+. CCNA, Security+ and ITIL certifications is a plus
• 4+ years in IT support, 3+ years in desktop support environments
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is also adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation.