ENGINEERING AT EPIC
What we do
Unreal projects have been leading the pack of real-time entertainment with our constantly growing team of engineering experts. We're always improving on the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
What you'll do
We're looking for an Infrastructure Engineer to help support Epic's goals of creating a vibrant creator generated content ecosystem within Fortnite that is genuinely excited about technology and has a strong interest in learning about and playing with the latest technologies.
You will be working on content creation, publishing, and distribution tools and services that support workflows for developers of varying expertise levels.
In this role, you will
• Design and implement scalable, robust, hardened and high quality services in a fast-paced environment
• Develop scalable content creation tools that are full stack and encompass UI, client/server and backend services for Fortnite.
• Design to meet requirements across multiple technical teams using best practices for software development and documentation
• Insist on the highest standard of operational excellence from day 1 so the services and products the team develops are fully production ready
• Work closely with senior engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new and existing service developments
• Use measured data to justify your insights and improve the services and/or user experience
What we're looking for
• Robust fullstack knowledge, including experience programming with Node.js, TypeScript, and C++
• Experience with Kubernetes and Containerized Development
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
• Experience running and maintaining a 24x7 large-scale server deployment
• Expertise in specifying, designing, and/or implementing system health, performance monitoring tools, and software management tools for 24x7 environments
• Familiarity with challenges surrounding efficient operations and failure mode analysis in large complex distributed systems
• Genuinely excited about technology, have a strong interest in learning about and playing with the latest technologies
• You're user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Nice to have skills
• Experience with UE4
• Experience using cloud providers to host back-end services; AWS preferred
This position is open in multiple locations across North America including:
San Francisco, CA
Austin / Dallas / Houston, TX
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5pn73-52-205-167-104-42 in your application.