GPU Programmer (Plastic)
ENGINEERING AT EPIC
WHAT WE DO
Unreal projects have been leading the pack of real-time entertainment with our constantly growing team of engineering experts. We're always improving on the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
We have now teamed up with Plastic who have been at the forefront of graphics technology for over 20 years, developing some of the most ambitious and future facing projects in Europe's vibrant Demoscene. Plastic has a track record pushing the boundaries of graphics and game development forward, creating genre defining experiences that sit on the bleeding edge of technological advances. At Epic the Plastic team will be leading a new game studio that will focus on creating original standalone experiences. We're opening our first phase of hiring as part of our strategy to drive this work and bring new experiences to market.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
We are searching for an experienced Software Engineer to join our newly acquired Plastic studio. You will join a small but fast growing team and report directly to the Studio Director.
In this role, you will
• Push Unreal Engine 5 to its limits
• Design core gameplay systems and structures
• Work closely with the GPU team
• Find bottlenecks and develop solutions to various technical problems
What we're looking for
• Extensive knowledge of C++
• Advanced knowledge of Unreal Engine
• Knowledge of GPU hardware and GPU programming
• Experience with compute shaders
• Ability to architect system frameworks and tools
• You're user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb50ox-44-192-65-228-42 in your application.