Come be part of the excitement and energy to help continue building Fortnite into one of the biggest games in the world! Epic Games is looking for experienced Gameplay Programmers to join Fortnite's growing Engineering team. W e believe that the best gameplay experiences are driven by collaboration and iteration between gameplay programmers, designers, and artists. You will play a critical role in driving future gameplay features, whether it's new crazy items in Battle Royale, or pushing Save the World in new, exciting directions.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As part of the performance team, you will be innovating and pushing the limits to deliver the best experience possible for our players. You will problem solve performance and stability, and guide developers in creating new industry leading features. Most importantly you'll work with a creative, energetic, and fun team to continue making Fortnite one of the most popular and engaging gaming experiences in the world!
In this role, you will
• Improve player experience by optimizing systems for CPU, GPU, and memory
• Monitor live client data, problem solving issues and making data analysis improvements along the way
• Deep-dive into technical challenges where you will help to drive the vision and solutions
• Act as a bridge and subject matter expert between game developers and engine technology
• Build tools and workflows to enable developer efficiency and autonomy
What we're looking for
• Excellent C++ skills and software engineering principles
• Experience profiling and optimizing in one or more areas of game development
• Experience architecting large, robust systems on AAA games or game engine technology
• Experience having worked on and shipped large game projects
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated ability to communicate fluently in English (written and verbal)
• Someone who is user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Nice to have skills
• Experience with different engine technologies for perspective, including Unreal Engine, Unity, Frostbite, etc
• Familiarity with multiple hardware platforms
Please submit your resume and we'll be in touch soon.
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn82xo-3-238-232-88-42 in your application.
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is also adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation.