Technical QA Analyst
Come be part of the excitement and energy to help continue building Fortnite into one of the biggest games in the world! Epic Games is looking for experienced Gameplay Programmers to join Fortnite's growing Engineering team. W e believe that the best gameplay experiences are driven by collaboration and iteration between gameplay programmers, designers, and artists. You will play a critical role in driving future gameplay features, whether it's new crazy items in Battle Royale, or pushing Save the World in new, exciting directions.
• Experiment with game design and use rapid prototyping while ensuring that strong architectural and algorithmic decisions are made
• Work closely with art and design to create and iterate on gameplay features
• Prototype and iterate on features and be willing to accept and respond to critical feedback
• Supporting technical excellence of Fortnite on multiple platforms
• Optimize and fix bugs in existing gameplay systems
• Contribute ideas toward all aspects of the game's production and development
• Write robust, maintainable code
• Experience developing games professionally, and shipping AAA titles
• A keen analytical mind, with strong problem-solving skills
• Strong C++ skills and the ability to code and architect gameplay mechanics and tools
• Strong math skills
• Well versed in game's and the ability to articulate what is strong/weak about the design of existing games (an interest in online games is preferred)
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Console experience
• Experience working on a live service game
• Self-motivated, strong work ethic, and able to work independently
• Creativity in problem-solving and the ability to think outside of the established solutions
• Keen interest in games
Please submit your resume and we'll be in touch soon.
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is also adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation.