ENGINEERING - GAMES
What We Do
Unreal projects have been leading the pack of real-time entertainment with our constantly growing team of engineering experts. We're always improving on the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
What You'll Do
Harmonix is looking for a Gameplay Programmer to join us in the next wave of musical gameplay! We believe that the best gameplay experiences are driven by collaboration and iteration between gameplay programmers, designers, and artists. You will play a critical role in driving future gameplay features and leading other engineers in the process.
In this role, you will
• Work closely with art and design on a variety of gameplay features
• Prototype and iterate and be willing to accept and respond to critical feedback
• Collaborate with other engineers on technical approaches to satisfy both the surface-level and deeper, engineering-specific requirements
• Optimize and fix bugs in existing gameplay systems to ensure high-quality user experiences across all platforms we support
• Write robust, maintainable code
What we're looking for
• Experience developing games professionally, and shipping AAA titles
• An analytical mind, with strong problem-solving skills
• Strong C++ skills and the ability to code and architect gameplay mechanics and tools
• Well-versed in games and the ability to articulate what is strong/weak about the design of existing games
• Experience with or desire to work in a live game environment
• Self-motivated, strong work ethic, and able to work independently
• Creativity in problem-solving and the ability to think outside of the established solutions
• Keen interest in music and music games
• Experience writing multiplayer gameplay systems is a plus
This role is open to multiple locations across the US (excluding CA, NYC, & WA).
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpoyk0-34-204-169-230-42 in your application.