Trust and Safety Producer
Engineering at Epic
What we do
Unreal projects have been leading the pack of real-time entertainment with our constantly growing team of engineering experts. We're always improving on the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
What you'll do
The Fortnite Creative Team is bringing the entire toolset of Unreal Engine and the Unreal Editor to developers and creators to make and publish experiences within Fortnite.
As part of this Team, you will be writing gameplay systems, APIs and a broader gameplay framework, and features to unlock Fortnite creators to build the next generation of amazing gameplay experiences.
• Experiment with game design and use rapid prototyping while ensuring that strong architectural and algorithmic decisions are made
• Work closely with art and design to create and iterate on gameplay features
• Prototype and iterate on features and be willing to accept and respond to critical feedback
• Supporting technical excellence of Fortnite on multiple platforms
• Optimize and fix bugs in existing gameplay systems
• Contribute ideas toward all aspects of the game's production and development
• Write robust, maintainable code
• Experience developing games professionally, and shipping AAA titles
• A keen analytical mind, with strong problem-solving skills
• Strong C++ skills and the ability to code and architect gameplay mechanics and tools
• Strong math skills
• Well versed in game's and the ability to articulate what is strong/weak about the design of existing games (an interest in online games is preferred)
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Console experience
• Experience working on a live service game
• Self-motivated, strong work ethic, and able to work independently
• Creativity in problem-solving and the ability to think outside of the established solutions
• Keen interest in games
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-room52-3-236-122-9-42 in your application.
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is also adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation.