What We Do
Put your design skills to work at a cutting-edge company that challenges the norm. From character and level design to competitive gameplay and system design, help shape the future of interactive entertainment at Epic.
What You'll Do
We're looking for a Game Design Director, UGC. You'll be responsible for directing multiple games within the Fortnite platform. From thinking about how players can experience a wide range of high quality content, to the types of activities they might participate in, to building account equity in the form of persistent gameplay systems. Ideally you're intimately familiar with other platforms and able to speak authoritatively on their strengths/weaknesses, and use that knowledge to help guide internal development initiatives.
In This Role You Will
• Work teams and design leads to direct design of experiences.
• Hold a high bar of quality and polish to ensure the capability of the tools are up to the challenge of making amazing experiences
• Design and guide development for game features including: inventory systems, account-wide equity (such as collection book content, achievements, and stats).
• Be an advocate for the broad audience of content consumers on the Fortnite platform.
What We're Looking For
• Considerable amount of game design experience.
• Comfortable working with multiple development teams simultaneously
• UI design experience or best practices.
• Familiarity with the wide range of content platforms that exist across multiple mediums (games/TV/film/etc).
Nice To Have Skills
• Some system design experience
This position is listed in multiple locations across North America and Europe.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g40qq7-34-239-154-240-42 in your application.