Game Capture Specialist (Contract)
Epic Games is looking for a contract Game Capture Specialist. The person in this role will incorporate a passion for games with their technical and artistic abilities to create engaging and exciting media. If you are someone who loves games and is familiar with artistic concepts such as composition, cinematography, color, and lighting which are vital to the creation of attractive and engaging videos and images, then we'd like to talk with you!
Preference will be given to candidates who include a reel or video portfolio with their application.
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
• Work closely with a team to compose and capture video or still images that show off key features, impressive visuals, or specific moments within a game
• Creating bug tickets that pertain to the teams current projects
• Troubleshoot technical issues with development software and hardware
• Edit short gameplay videos
• Learn and use the tools in Unreal Engine 4 to create top-flight CG video content
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
• Strong grasp on concepts of composition, cinematography, color, and lighting in visual media
• Passion for games, game art, and/or creating video content
• Should be comfortable with controlling a 3rd person video game character using a gamepad.
• Technically proficient with both PCs and consoles
• Experienced with Unreal Engine 4, video capture and video editing software & equipment ( Strongly preferred but not required )
• Experience with any videogame replay system (but especially Fortnite's) is a plus.
• Detail-oriented and able to take creative direction and translate it.
• Strong communication and critical thinking skills and the ability to work in a team environment
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.