Full Time Job
- Full Time
Job DescriptionFront-End Engineer (Epic Online Services)
Engineering at Epic
What We Do
We are creating ways to offer users more intuitive and consistent interfaces on our web products, while also helping the teams working on those products be able to focus on the most important aspects of their work.
To achieve these goals, we are creating common, reusable UI solutions and best practices that facilitate the work of designers and developers, but still allow flexibility and creativity into their workflows. These solutions also leverage accessibility, semantics and innovation in our web products.
What You'll Do
We are looking for a Front-End Engineer with a good understanding of modern web front end stacks, CSS, HTML semantics and web accessibility. You will help us develop libraries, reusable components, documentation and standards that support product teams in creating better UIs, while still ensuring good developer experience (DX). You will also advocate for best practices and support teams in adopting solutions or adapting them to their workflows.
In This Role You Will
• Work together with developers and designers, understanding their workflow, helping them adopt our UI solutions, adapting to their needs as necessary, and providing them with the toolset to achieve UI best practices
• Build reusable components, libraries, and documentation that support the work of product teams
• Take part in the creation and maintenance of design systems
• Communicate with other teams, providing support, identifying pain points, and proposing solutions for their UI needs
• Advocate for web best practices, such as accessibility, semantics, performance and user experience
What We're Looking For
• Experience building component libraries and writing documentation
• Good understanding of web accessibility patterns and guidelines
• You're user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0mq1e-54-158-251-104-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is also adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation.