Escalations Specialist, Player Support (Contract)
Epic Games is looking for an Escalations Specialist to join our Player Support team as a contractor.
Escalations Specialists are highly-skilled in providing great customer service, no matter how challenging the situation. This means you've got to really enjoy helping people and solving problems!
The majority of the work you'll be responsible for is directly communicating with our players and customers when there's been a service failure or when there's something unusually challenging about a case. You will also, periodically, be tasked with projects that involve critical thinking, investigation, root cause analysis, and technical writing to solve issues at their source.
While Escalations Specialists are part of a small local team, you will be connected to a global organization and are expected to model ideal behavior, supporting your teammates with your expert knowledge, friendly attitude, and ''can-do'' spirit.
If you enjoy games and have a heart for helping others, please apply by clicking the link below.
• Answering escalated support inquiries (mainly through email, but can include other channels) in a timely, friendly, and helpful manner
• Root-cause analysis of player and customer issues
• Assisting other Epic employees with a variety of requests
• Working on special projects that are periodically assigned by department leadership
• Interacting with agents globally, helping them solve cases, and providing feedback for continuous improvement
• Learning and using internal technical tools and systems
• Obtaining product and process knowledge quickly
• Experience in a customer-facing role
• Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service
• Strong written communication skills
• Ability to think critically and problem solve independently
• Passion for video games
• Ability to learn to use new technologies and tools proficiently
• Previous player support experience in the gaming industry
• Experience with a CRM (Dixa, Salesforce, ZenDesk, etc.)
• SQL knowledge
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb7186-3-238-130-97-42 in your application.
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is also adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation.