ENGINEERING - EPIC GAMES SERVICES
What We Do
Driving the plug-in power behind Unreal Engine 5. We bridge connections for licensees and our own internal game teams to online services. This allows games like Fortnite to utilize a combination of platform online services as well as Epic's own online services to build cross-platform online features. Login, parties, voice chat, matchmaking, purchasing, cloud storage, and analytics are just a few examples of online features that our Online Game Services team helps games utilize.
What You'll Do
The Engineering Lead will support a team of Software Engineers in providing developers the infrastructure and tools currently powering the entire Epic online platform to create game experiences like never before. In order to accomplish this it requires a team including Testers, Analysts and other disciplines. A successful candidate will be able to work across all the various functions to achieve their goals. The Online services team is a collaborative environment and a successful candidate will help to foster an open, supportive culture in which everyone can be successful and their authentic self. Learn more at https://dev.epicgames.com/
In this role, you will
• Lead a team in creating and operating online systems and solutions for backend services, web applications and SDKs
• Oversee technical design and drive implementation of robust online solutions
• Be responsible for definition and delivery, as well as continuous improvement of SLAs for online services environment, including system health and monitoring, reporting and response, and on call resolution
• Partner with stakeholders to establish clear priorities and define expectations which translate to a scope of work the team can effectively deliver on
• Deliver ongoing, transparent communication with a focus on expectations, fostering trust with internal stakeholders and external partners
What we're looking for
• 7+ years software engineering industry experience developing online systems
• Experience working with distributed systems to handle large scale challenges (we use Java, Scala)
• 2+ years of experience in a management role
• Proven track record of guiding and developing teams, as well as delivering online solutions at scale leveraging industry best practices and standards
• Demonstrated experience leading a team to deliver operational excellence for distributed online solutions including system health, monitoring and troubleshooting
• Ability to manage a team roadmap and update stakeholders throughout the lifecycle of a project
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3w7y9-18-206-48-243-42 in your application.