Engineering Lead, Creative
What we do
Fortnite and Unreal Engine are leading the world of online entertainment through innovation in experiences and events. Games, concerts, movies, and giant world-eating villains are just some of the experiences we've delivered so far. As engineers, we build the tools and technology that allows the team to dream up and deliver new possibilities.
What you'll do
As part of the Fortnite Creative Team you'll be working on an ambitious new project that changes how experiences are built and delivered in Fortnite.
You'll lead a group of engineers working on expanding and refining the in-game content creation tools in Fortnite. These tools are used by hundreds of thousands of Fornite Creators to build experiences that millions of people play every day.
Most importantly you'll work with a creative, energetic, and fun team to continue making Fortnite one of the most popular and engaging gaming experiences in the world!
In this role, you will
• Be a vision holder for delivering a best in class approach to in-game content creation tools.
• Provide daily leadership to engineers, UX/UI designers, and QA analysts working on in-game tools
• Own the architecture and implementation of in-game tools and their place in the Fortnite Creative ecosystem.
• Partner with our design and community teams to Identify shortcomings in our tools and drive the design and implementation of improvements.
• Build and maintain bridges with other stakeholders
What we're looking for
• 4+ Years experience leading and architecting development of robust systems for AAA games and/or game engine technology
• Passion for building and maintaining user-facing features
• Experience collaborating with other teams to develop and deliver large projects
• Excellent C++ skills and software engineering principles
• User-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-oriented, and innovative - These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Like what you hear? Be a part of something Epic!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0mnx6-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is also adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation.