What We Do
Driving the plug-in power behind Unreal Engine 5. We bridge connections for licensees and our own internal game teams to online services. This allows games like Fortnite to utilize a combination of platform online services as well as Epic's own online services to build cross-platform online features. Login, parties, voice chat, matchmaking, purchasing, cloud storage, and analytics are just a few examples of online features that our Online Game Services team helps games utilize.
What You'll Do
At the core of Epic's success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it's building award-winning games, services, or engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we're always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We're constantly innovating to raise the bar.
The Epic Games Store player experience team is responsible for building critical features for our games, applications and services for our store, focused on the experiences of our players and the storefront representation of our partners' products. The Engineering Director, Consumer Experiences is to be a part of all these teams, helping them be their best, finding the people they need, and delivering Epic quality products now and in the future. Central to this role is tracking and maintaining status for ongoing active projects and initiatives and how they meet our company strategies and priorities. Knowing who the teams need to hire to meet those demands and future needs. Building a detailed understanding of the project pipelines, software development lifecycle, and being able to identify improvements, best practices, and tailor specific changes to improve each team's ability to own their outcomes. Working with the team and company leadership, you will be at the center of many Epic things.
In this role, you will
• Lead the team in creating and operating online systems and solutions spanning backend services, web apps, and native client integrations
• Own technical design and drive implementation of robust, highly scalable online solutions
• Definition, delivery, and ongoing improvement of SLAs for the Store player experiences - system health and monitoring, reporting and response, on-call resolution
• Partner with stakeholders to establish clear priorities and defining expectations which translate into a scope of work the team can effectively deliver on
• Team Management - understanding strengths and opportunities for growth, surfacing opportunities for development
• Ongoing, transparent communication with a focus on expectations fostering trust with internal stakeholders and external partners
• Deep knowledge and ability to drive best practices around industry standards including scalability, resiliency, security
What we're looking for
• Experience with ecommerce platforms
• 7+ years software engineering industry experience developing online systems and integrating software at scale
• 5+ years of experience as an engineering leader
• Demonstrated experience collaborating with third-party vendors
• Proven track record of guiding and developing teams delivering online solutions at scale leveraging industry best practices and standards
• Knowledge and understanding of system health, monitoring, and troubleshooting for distributed online solutions
• Experience recruiting, mentoring, and retaining talent
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6288j-3-238-90-95-42 in your application.