Engine Programmer (MetaHuman)
Engineering at Epic
What we do
Epic is on a path to achieve its vision of building the Metaverse and the 3Lateral team will play an important role on that journey. We are responsible for bringing life to that vision by introducing digital humans. As a very first step on that path, we have just launched our Metahuman Creator service for the creation of digital humans. But that is just a start. Now that we have Metahumans, we will need to build the whole ecosystem around them for animation, rigging, customization, stylization, AI and everything else that is required for Metahumans to feel at home in the Metaverse.
What you'll do
Epic Games is seeking an Engine Programmer passionate about writing awesome code. You should have a broad knowledge of modern game engine technology, as well as a good sense of trade-offs between performance, memory usage, and ease of implementation.
We are looking for creative problem solvers who can move as fast as the ever-changing industry that we are part of. In this position, you'll be working not just with other programmers, but also with cross-functional groups across the organization including Creative, Product Management, User Experience and more. We are looking for individuals who are innovative, organized and have exceptional communication skills.
In this role, you will
• Developing engine applications based on existing technologies, such as Metahuman Creator
• Developing new engine features
• Integrating existing technologies into the Unreal engine
• Working closely together with local and global engine programming teams
• Working on complex multidisciplinary problems solving
What we're looking for
• Experience working with UE4 on previous projects
• Excellent C++ skills, with a familiarity of scripting systems like Blueprint, Lua etc
• Knowledge of computer graphics in general
• At least 5 years of programming experience
• University degree in Computer Science
• Someone who is user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do
Nice to have skills
• Experience working with rigs, shaders, animation and similar
• Experience working with artists and cross-department / discipline teams
Remaining knowledge, skills, and abilities needed
• Passionate, goal-oriented and proactive character
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Interest in the technology, gaming and multimedia industry in general
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnk8zk-18-206-238-77-42 in your application.