Software Development Engineer in Test
What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic's success is a talented, passionate team. We pride ourselves on a creative, collaborative, and inclusive environment. Whether building award-winning games or honing engine technology that enables others to create stunning interactive experiences, we're focused on innovation.
Being Epic means continually striving to do right by our community. We empower creators to make great games, and help players to safely and easily enjoy them.
Online Engineering at Epic
What we do
Our team builds an SDK that exposes game services for third party game development teams all over the world: Epic Online Services. We currently focus on systems like matchmaking, player inventory, leaderboards, achievements, voice chat, parties, and more.
What you'll do
As part of the Client SDK team, you'll work on platform development and supporting player experiences across the many partners' games that use the EOS SDK. Tasks may include development on systems like matchmaking, player inventory, leaderboards, achievements, voice chat, parties, and more. If it's an online game feature, then you will touch it.
In this role, you will
• Architect features related to the online and social experience
• Contribute across a variety of online game features and hardware platforms (desktop, console, and mobile)
• Work with client and backend teams to develop new systems
• Integrate feedback from external partners to evolve and improve existing features
• Be responsible for the successful delivery of our SDKs across many platforms
What we're looking for
• A keen, analytical mind with strong problem solving, logic, and math skills
• Previous experience with C++ and C#
• Ability to architect system interfaces and tools
• Experience writing asynchronous systems with some of the logic on both the client and server
• Experience using troubleshooting and debugging tools such as Fiddler, Wireshark, etc.
• Experience developing games professionally or demonstrable amateur game development experience
When applying, please provide your resume along with code samples, GitHub, or other relevant links. We'll be in touch soon.
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy70vp-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is also adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation.