What we do
Whether it's driving a vision from start to finish or collaborating with teams to inspire and deliver projects of Epic quality, Epic's production teams take pride in consistently delivering world-class products and experiences. The mission of the Unreal Cloud Services team is to help create the ultimate suite of content creation tools with native support for collaboration and cloud. We believe that the future of content creation is made of small, connected virtual teams coming together for projects that utilise tools to considerably simplify the process of creating high-quality content.
What you'll do
As an engine programmer in Unreal Cloud Services, you will work on the Unreal Engine codebase to optimise performance on cloud hardware, integrate cloud technologies like pixel streaming and help teams building UE-based apps so they fully support running inside a cloud infrastructure.
In this role, you will
• Be responsible for the UCS codebase and work on the rendering sub-system of our game engines
• Be responsible for working with multithreaded systems and parallel / distributed architectures
• Develop engine applications based on existing technologies
• Integrate existing technologies into the Unreal Engine
• Work closely together with local and global engine programming teams
• Work on complex multidisciplinary problems solving
What we're looking for
• 8+ years of work experience working with Engine technologies
• Well-versed in software engineering principles, especially API design
• Broad knowledge of modern game engines architecture and technologies
• Excellent C++ programming abilities
• Solid knowledge of profiling and optimization tools
• Proficiency in one or more key game development disciplines
• Experience with web services and APIs
• Someone who is user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0ymb1-3-236-222-124-42 in your application.