Epic Online Infrastructure
What We Do
We enable Epic's online services teams to build, deploy, and manage services that are used by more than half a billion players around the world. Our mission is to provide world class tools and platforms to improve the experience of our developers and make it easier, faster, and safer to build, operate, and scale their applications. We operate at a massive scale as one of the largest cloud computing users in the world.
What You'll Do
Epic Games is adding a Director of Infrastructure Engineering to lead our infrastructure teams. You will be responsible for growing multiple teams of highly talented engineers who are building core infrastructure, self-service tooling, and providing support for Epic developers to enable them to build, manage, and scale the online services used to power the Epic Games Store, Epic Online Services, Fortnite, and more.
In This Role You Will
• Provide leadership, coaching, career development, and performance management for our Infrastructure teams.
• Define the strategy and vision for cloud infrastructure at Epic in close collaboration with stakeholders across product, engineering, security, and IT.
• Drive the technical design and implementation of the infrastructure strategy.
• Partner with stakeholders to establish clear priorities and align delivery expectations.
• Ensure that your teams are delivering in a consistent, predictable, and sustainable manner.
• Be an active member of the broader engineering leadership team to help drive continuous improvement and champion modern infrastructure practices.
• Hire and grow a diverse team in a fast-scaling organization
What We're Looking For
• Demonstrated experience as a senior leader of an infrastructure organization operating at significant scale in a cloud environment with 5+ years of experience leading through managers or directors.
• Deep technical understanding of modern cloud infrastructure technology, architectures, platforms, and practices.
• A passion for coaching and a proven track record of recruiting, mentoring, and retaining talent.
• Excellent ability to communicate effectively and build relationships with colleagues across technical and non-technical functions.
• High level of accountability, bias to action and a desire to empower individuals on the team to perform at their best.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g43v4z-3-234-244-105-42 in your application.