London, United Kingdom
What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic's success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it's building award-winning games , crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, or running cloud infrastructure for hundreds of millions of Fornite players, we're always innovating.
Engineering at Epic
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We're constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development, and now on the cloud too.
What we do
The mission of the Unreal Cloud Services team is to help create the ultimate suite of content creation tools with native support for collaboration and cloud. We believe that the future of content creation is made of small, connected virtual teams coming together for projects that utilise tools to considerably simplify the process of creating high quality content.
• Very knowledgeable of AWS (networking, compute, IAM, S3, auto-scaling, etc...)
• Very knowledgeable of Kubernetes
• Very familiar with working on micro-services architectures
• Decent Linux knowledge
• Strong scripting / programming capabilities
• Has experience being on-call and handling incidents
• Willing / able to be on-call (as part of a larger rotation)
• Has worked in a fast paced and autonomous environment like a start-up
• Prior experience of running Windows Server VMs in the cloud and everything it entails
• Prior experience with Prometheus / Alertmanager / Grafana stack
• Prior experience with Jenkins
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is also adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation.