What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic's success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it's building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences; we're always innovating.
Our Financial Technology team is looking to add a DevOps engineer to assist with projects generally relating to business system automation, scaling, and analytic reporting. We work directly with teams all across the company, including Unreal Engine, Epic Games Store, our Games division, Finance, Accounting, and Analytics (internal data engineers, FP&A, and HR Analytics).
• DevOps engineer or back end engineer looking to broaden career with move to business systems integration development and architecture review (SWE to TPM path)
• Enjoys learning new processes and systems
• Keen ear for process pain points and creativity to propose modern, efficient, and scalable solutions
• Patient listener and teacher; our team interacts with both functional and technical teams and an ability to translate, ask questions, and communication is key
• Prefers around 30/70 split between in-person interactions and heads-down development
Deep experience with:
• Complex systems integrations, in language of choice
• Experience with integration middleware platform (iPaaS)
• Gathering requirements, investigating available solution methods and systems, and implementing solution in preferred method
Light experience and/or willingness to learn:
• AWS account management (provisioning access, program management through Lambda)
• Workday integrations, Workday Prism, Workday Adaptive
• Familiar and excited with the principal of 'infrastructure as code'; willingness to create team documentation for our team to conform with Epic Games industry 'infra as code' standards
If you were on our team in the last month, you would have:
• Worked with solution architects and SMEs from IT, Analytics, InfoSec, eCommerce, etc., to develop and document integrations between internal data and external SaaS systems
• Helped to create roadmap for transferring current Workday integrations to future state integrations using recently added integration middleware
• Develop new integrations based on business and technical requirements
• Assisted in setup and future management of AWS account, used by Finance, HR, and Recruiting systems teams
• Created documentation for existing integration processes, evaluated their compliance with infosec, IT, and legal requirements
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyxbm0-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.