Games | FN Engineering
This position is open in multiple locations across North America and Europe, including but not limited to:
Multiple locations in the US (California)
Multiple locations in Canada
Multiple locations in the UK
What You'll Do
Come be part of the excitement and energy to help continue building Fortnite into one of the biggest games in the world! We are looking for a Desktop Platform Programmer passionate about writing world-class, AAA game and engine code. The Desktop team focuses on stability, performance and quality-of-life features for Desktop platforms, primarily PC. If you're an experienced engineer looking for an opportunity to grow and contribute to Fortnite and Unreal Engine 5 across desktop platforms, we want to talk to you!
In This Role You Will
• Improve the Fortnite experience on Desktop platforms
• Implement and improve various low-level systems that interface with platform APIs, i.e. graphics APIs, memory allocators (physical and virtual), file systems, input systems, etc.
• Analyze and continuously strive to solve and optimize problems related to a modern game engine (load times, memory usage and platform specific performance issues)
• Contribute features that benefit both Fortnite and Unreal Engine
What We're Looking For
• Strong programming background and C++ knowledge
• Experience with a broad range of engineering areas in shipping games or real-time visualization systems, with special attention given to low-level code and deep optimization
• Experience with OS level systems on Windows, Mac or Linux
• Well-versed in software engineering principles, especially API design
• Familiarity with an existing game engine with an understanding of engine and editor concepts
• Familiarity with development tools and profiling on modern systems
• Experience developing in a large codebase at a fast pace, making trade-offs between usability, performance, and power
• Prior shipped projects with UE4 is a plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1p6p0-54-165-57-161-42 in your application.