What We Do
Put your design skills to work at a cutting-edge company that challenges the norm. From character and
level design to competitive gameplay and system design, help shape the future of interactive
entertainment at Epic.
What You'll Do
As a Design Director focusing on Fortnite Battle Royale seasons, you will be responsible to lead and
collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of developers to guide a season to success from ideation to
ship. Working with senior leadership, you will carry the game's vision and Epic's goals forward while
making hard calls on quality and priorities, and above all be creatively excited and engaged in creating
an unforgettable and fun experience for our players.
In this role, you will
• Collaborate with senior leadership to define a vision and business goals for a season within
Fortnite Battle Royale
• Hold that vision across the company with clarity and excitement and inspire the development
team to follow you; uphold Epic's design and gameplay quality bar
• Oversee season development from start to finish - From leading ideation with the team and
shaping a timeline of engagement across the whole season, to making tough decisions on quality
and scope throughout production
• Work with Product Managers to gain insights from player metrics and marketplace data, then
translate those insights into actionable goals to improve the player experience; work with
Production, discipline leads, and HR to manage staffing, feature scope, production milestones,
• Focus on mentoring and empowering the team to be independently successful and make solid
decisions without your involvement; foster curiosity and healthy risk taking
What we're looking for
• Experience leading game teams from a director or other high level design leadership perspective
• An expert level background in a creative craft you can speak to and draw from
• A deep understanding of what makes games tick at all levels, with a particular focus on what
makes them fun immersive experiences
• A keen understanding of what makes the Battle Royale genre work is required
• Passion and excitement for applying yourself to highly complicated problem spaces
• Excellent soft skills; you are able to navigate the day to day ups and downs of working with a
large team across many disciplines and locations with ease
• An eye and passion for helping to creatively shape a product that goes beyond the game team
If you have a portfolio/reel/website you'd like to share, please hyperlink it to your resume, or submit it as an attachment with your application.
This role is open to multiple locations across North America, UK, and Europe (including CA, NYC, and WA).
Pay Transparency Information
The expected annual base pay range(s) for this position are detailed below. Each base pay range is relevant only for individuals who are residents of or will be expected to work within the specified locale. Compensation varies based on a variety of factors, which include (but aren't limited to) things such as skills and competencies, qualifications, knowledge, and experience. In addition to base pay, most employees are eligible to participate in Epic's generous benefit plans and discretionary incentive programs (subject to the terms of those plans or programs).
New York City Base Pay Range
$178,227 - $261,400 USD
California Base Pay Range
$174,514 - $255,954 USD
Washington Base Pay Range
$174,514 - $255,954 USD
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r03j6m-44-200-82-149-42 in your application.