DEI Events Specialist (Contract)
What We Do
Our People teams – which include our pillars of HR, People Strategy, Rewards, Talent Acquisition, and Employee Engagement & DEI – help grow and develop our talented organization. We find, hire, and support the passionate people who will shape and build our company. We believe people do their best work when they're happy and challenged, so we work to make Epic a place where we continually strive to do right by our community and customers.
What You'll Do
We are searching for a Contractor DEI Events Specialist who will be responsible for all of the global diversity conferences and events logistics. This person will sit on the DEI and Employee Engagement team under the Access Innovation pillar. This role will bring innovative ideas for engaging diverse talent at global events to life and will work cross-functionally with Talent Acquisition, Procurement, Legal, and external partners.
In this role, you will
• Liaise with vendors, exhibitors, and stakeholders during the event planning process to ensure everything is in order.
• Meet with sponsors, committees, organizations, and executives as necessary to discuss and plan event specifications such as scope, format, budget, administrative details, and special requirements.
• Manage all event set-up, tear down, follow-up processes, and event budgets.
• Book venues, entertainers, photographers, and schedule speakers.
• Conduct final inspections on the day of the event to ensure everything adheres to the client's standards.
• Plan for potential scenarios that could impact the integrity of the event
• Assess an event's overall success and submit findings.
• Evaluate potential locations, providers, vendors, and other professionals frequently to determine viability for future events and build a personal knowledge base to better serve clients.
What we're looking for
• 3+ years of events coordination and management experience
• Exceptional organizational, leadership, problem-solving, customer service, and communication skills
• The ability to be a creative thinker as well as a practical implementer
• Someone who can work independently and in a group and manage multiple projects simultaneously with competing deadlines
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw1mqy-18-208-132-74-42 in your application.