Epic Games seeks a Database Reliability Engineer reporting to our Cary, North Carolina studio but working remotely from home (telecommuting from anywhere in the US). The position will play a vital role in the continued development of the large-scale database systems that support our current projects as well as future games and services.
• Improve self-service MongoDB tooling, working closely with development team leads to determine features and enhancements that will allow them to deploy/maintain their own database infrastructure to reduce time and cost.
• Develop tools/automations increasing self-service and improving consistency, while reducing cost and time of MongoDB infrastructure.
• Use Terraform and Ansible to provision cloud-based resources.
• Work with source code repositories, such as Git, SVN, and Bitbucket.
• Improve scalability in the MongoDB landscape, such as developing processes and tools to discover and rank poor-performing processes and queries in MongoDB.
• Indexing schema to reduce the overhead of poor performing queries and redesigning queries and code to be more efficient.
• Monitor Infrastructure and Applications using technologies such as MongoDB Opsmanager, MongoDB Cloud Manager, Sumo logic, AWS CloudWatch, and Grafana.
• Make key decisions as to future technologies and improvements at the data tier.
• Oversee the direction of our database system programming technology within individual intellectual property and as it relates to MongoDB and other database management systems (Postgres, MySQL, Oracle, and DynamoDB).
To qualify, a minimum of a bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or closely related field, or foreign equivalent, and five (5) years of post-degree progressive experience as a Database Administrator and with all the following:
• MongoDB (Big Data) Administrator.
• Linux and Cloud computing technologies such as AWS. Experience with other database technologies such as Postgress, MySQL, Oracle.
• Designing and building operational infrastructure to support databases, automations, and tools.
• Providing troubleshooting and timely resolution of database issues across multiple projects and services.
• Redesigning queries and code to be more efficient.
• Training development team(s) in MongoDB best practices to help prevent poor-performing code from being implemented in the first place.
• Working closely with the development team(s) or leading DBA teams to design and implement databases for new games and services.
• Creating innovative approaches to supporting and maintaining the data.
• Maintaining and enhancing core data systems and preparing core systems for next iteration.
• Oracle Certified Expert, Oracle Real Application Clusters 11g, and Grid Infrastructure Administrator Certificate required.
Applicants must pass MongoDB Assessment to qualify for the position.
25% of time engaged in travel to other company offices throughout the US
Telecommuting from any location in the US is an option for this position.
Applicants must pass a background check.
Multiple openings for this position.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rej4j7-52-23-219-12-42 in your application.