Data Insights Analyst (Contract)
Love data and how data can inspire and drive change? Epic Games is looking for a contract Data Insights Analyst to join our Analytics and insights team supporting our Global Marketing Team. Turn millions of rows of data into actionable insights, build scalable reporting and help the marketing team activate and optimize their communications to engage users across our different products - while having fun working for an innovative and creative company!
In this role you will:
• extract data from multiple data sources and systems, combining them into cleaned datasets for analytics or modeling.
• conduct hypotheses testing and design complex experiments to help the player lifecycle team understand the value of their communications and how to improve performance
• apply common statistical methods such as linear and non-linear regression, multivariate analysis to interpret results.
• help define and build easily digestible core reporting suites that are used to diagnose, optimize and understand channel behavior and functionality across all activated marketing surfaces.
• help facilitate and enable data flows and user targeting for new channels
• partner and consult on best practices to capture, store, transfer and tag data between platforms and products, becoming the subject matter expert for these data sets with particular attention to Privacy regulations and best practices
• help facilitate, enable and optimize data flows for new and existing channels
• write code and logic in a way that enables efficient and accurate translation into a data pipeline and ETL processing.
• intake business questions as an analytics problem and devise a concrete set of analytical tasks to answer those questions
• articulate decision-making rationale, solutions, methodologies and frameworks to both technical and non-technical partners.
What we're looking for:
• Mathematics, Science, Statistics or Technical degree preferred otherwise relevant experience is applicable.
• Previous analytics experience (3-5 years), marketing analytics experience a plus
• Advanced SQL knowledge (HIVE/Presto), Python, Scala or R or any other major ML language
• Flair for business acumen, problem solving and critical reasoning skills
• First hand experience with experimentation set up and measurement
• Ability to translate data into easy to understand written and verbal communication
• Team player - actively listens, collaborates and is able to work with multiple verticles and competencies
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d87mm9-3-236-68-118-42 in your application.