What We Do
Data Infrastructure builds, automates and maintains the underlying systems to allow our data pipelines to function. We work closely with multiple teams across the company to provide both streaming and scheduled analytics and reporting. We identify solutions across our cloud based landscape that allow teams to utilize the full potential of our services, and act on the behalf of our teams to standardize best practices across our stacks.
What You'll Do
Epic is looking for an infrastructure engineer with experience working collaboratively on a team to build repeatable, reliable infrastructure using infrastructure as code. Experience working with APIs in either Python or Go is preferred.
Our ideal candidate has AWS experience, is exposed to Kubernetes, and can articulate cloud networks and their tradeoffs both in regions and multi-regions. They have experience troubleshooting operational issues on virtual machines, and have no problems making changes across a large fleet of systems.
In this role, you will
• Collaborate, plan, and execute deployments of data technologies across a cloud environment.
• Maintain and service existing services including Apache Hadoop, Hive, and Spark.
• Work with your peers as well as our vendors to bring the right platform to our teams.
• Author and modify existing Terraform and Ansible.
• Analyze and improve on our existing network infrastructure in the cloud.
• Help support legacy systems as we move to newer tools and technologies.
• Monitor, respond and proactively support online services in a 4+ person weekly on-call schedule.
• Triage and respond to incidents as part of a team.
What we're looking for
• Experience using either Python3 or Go against APIs.
• Someone knowledgeable with Terraform and its uses across multiple providers.
• Experience with AWS cloud computing (EC2, EKS, EMR, Route53, VPCs, Subnets, Route Tables).
• Experience monitoring, logging, and analyzing service health across multiple regions.
• Experience moving standalone processes to CI engines.
• Exposure or interest working with Data pipeline technologies.
This position is listed in multiple locations across North America including
Cary, North Carolina
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d83366-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.