What We Do
Our Finance and Accounting teams build the financial infrastructure to scale our growing company. We combine analytical and strategic thinking to develop a sound financial future for our global brand. We work closely with teams across the company, international subsidiaries, as well as with external partners to ensure a world-class finance organization. Our team contains experts from fields like tax, treasury, purchasing, FP&A, and more.
What You'll Do
Epic Games FinTech team is looking for a motivated, versatile Data Analytics Engineer. On this team, you will blend data engineering and analytics skills to develop full reporting pipelines. This unique position will give you the opportunity to work closely with finance, insights, and revenue stakeholders around the company using state of the art analytics tools. You'll learn and utilize key skills to deliver data and create accurate reports on Fortnite, Rocket League, Fall Guys and other upcoming titles, to name a few.
In this role, you will
• Work directly with Data engineers, data analysts, and integration specialists to understand and build the full financial reporting pipeline at Epic; Finance stakeholders to build analytics systems capturing revenue, tax, and payments for our internationally popular game titles, the Epic Game Store, and a multitude of partner product; E-commerce engineers and application developers to provide finance with the tools to understand and measure the huge scale of transactions occurring within Epic Online Services.
• Focus on our global revenue reporting platform, unifying the Epic product ecosystem with partner products sold across Microsoft, Playstation, Nintendo, and PC storefronts
• Report on tax, transactional, and E-commerce data via Tableau
• Partner with our central data engineering team to capture subsets of financially relevant events, store and manage these data, and automate delivery via Hive, Snowflake, and AWS.
What we're looking for
• 3+ years experience cross functional experience in data engineering and analytics
• Strong experience with analytical and development languages like SQL, HQL, Python, R, or C#
• Experience with cloud storage solutions like AWS (lambda is a plus), Azure, or GCP.
• Familiarity with visualization methods and sharing data effectively via tools like Tableau or PowerBI
• Strong understanding of event capturing, ETL, and warehousing.
• Eagerness to discover and own new dashboards, event pipelines, and warehousing solutions
• BS/BA degree holders in STEM related fields or equivalent
Nice to have qualifications:
• MS/MA degree with a focus in finance, computer science, or mathematics
• Predictive analytics skillset beyond point-in-time reporting such as regression analysis, classification, or ML techniques
• Proven history or debugging and CI/CD management
• 1+ years experience with optimizing data at scale via Snowflake, Hadoop, EMR, Kafka, Airflow or equivalents.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm38v6-44-201-68-86-42 in your application.