What We Do
Epic's multi-specialized team of attorneys and legal professionals, partner across our organization to provide legal solutions, as well as, consult and inform on the products we build and games we develop.
What You'll Do
You'll join our in-house Legal-Privacy team and provide world-class legal support to a dynamic, ambitious, and fast-paced video game and software development company. You'll leverage your strong initiative, sound judgment, and subject matter expertise to work independently in a creative and disruptive industry. You'll collaborate extensively with cross-functional stakeholders to help pragmatically navigate novel and complex privacy challenges in innovative ways.
In this role, you will
• Provide strategic advice to practically manage global privacy and security risks while supporting business needs and innovation.
• Collaborate cross-functionally with product, engineering, and other stakeholders to review new or changing features and uses of information to facilitate compliance with privacy laws and company policies.
• Develop and maintain policies, procedures, and guidelines to communicate compliance requirements and best practices to internal and external stakeholders.
• Draft a wide range of legal agreements relating to privacy and security.
• Conduct privacy assessments and internal training exercises.
• Manage and interact with external counsel, including as primary contact for multiple regional relationships and matters.
• Monitor and proactively communicate relevant legislative developments to appropriate stakeholders.
• Perform due diligence and support integration matters in connection with corporate transactions.
• Evangelize a privacy-focused culture throughout the company.
What we're looking for
• Licensed in good standing to practice law.
• 3+ years' relevant experience (in-house experience at a fast-paced technology company preferred).
• Hands-on experience providing practical and actionable legal guidance regarding risks and obligations under global privacy frameworks (e.g., GDPR, CCPA, COPPA, the ICO's Age Appropriate Design Code of Conduct).
• Highly internally-motivated, with a strong capability to effectively drive and manage competing priorities as an individual contributor and/or as part of cross-functional initiatives.
• Passionate, detail-oriented, and a critical-thinking mindset that enables you to thrive when faced with complex and novel legal issues requiring creative solutions.
• Confidence in being a primary point of contact for a wide range of internal stakeholders on a variety of substantive data protection issues.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills, sound judgment, and excellent multi-tasking and time management abilities.
• A quick and flexible learner. You are intellectually curious, open-minded, adaptable, highly practical, comfortable with ambiguity, and truly motivated by dynamic change.
• An ambitious mindset that enables you to successfully work independently with little guidance, but also collaboratively with a diverse array of stakeholders.
• You are pragmatic and exercise sound judgment under ambiguous circumstances, but are also able to identify and escalate key issues when warranted.
• Embody and demonstrate Epic's principles: Do the Right Thing, Get Things Done, and Own the Outcome.
This role is open to multiple locations across North America and Europe (including CA, NYC, & WA).
Pay Transparency Information
The expected annual base pay range(s) for this position are detailed below. Each base pay range is relevant only for individuals who are residents of or will be expected to work within the specified locale. Compensation varies based on a variety of factors, which include (but aren't limited to) things such as skills and competencies, qualifications, knowledge, and experience. In addition to base pay, most employees are eligible to participate in Epic's generous benefit plans and discretionary incentive programs (subject to the terms of those plans or programs).
New York City Base Pay Range
$153,875 - $225,684 USD
California Base Pay Range
$153,875 - $225,684 USD
Washington Base Pay Range
$144,643 - $212,143 USD
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbz4xx-3-239-9-151-42 in your application.