Senior Concept Artist
Content Specialist (Contract)
Epic Games is looking for a Content Specialist to work with our team as a contractor. The person in this role will incorporate a passion for games with their technical and artistic abilities to create engaging and exciting media and help curate exciting game content. We are looking for someone who loves games and is familiar with artistic concepts such as composition, storyboarding, color, and lighting which are vital to the creation of attractive and engaging images. The right candidate will be organized, methodical, and pay attention to detail while managing, reviewing, and maintaining Fortnite Creative mode content.
Please include a screenshot portfolio with your application.
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
• Work closely with a team to compose still images in Unreal Engine 4 that show off key features, awesome characters, impressive visuals, or specific moments within a game through a simple narrative
• Lighting still scenes at a cinematic level to convey a mood and push a narrative
• Coming up with concepts for marketing images that will show off upcoming skins, limited time modes, or additional game features coming to the game
• Posing characters in Maya to convey simple narratives and show off cosmetics
• Learning and using the tools in Unreal Engine 4
• Touching up images in Adobe Photoshop
• Operating a CRM and other similar systems to accept, reject, and review content submissions, giving helpful feedback to developers where appropriate.
• Managing and reviewing user-generated content while engaging and promoting the growth of developers in the community.
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
• Strong grasp on concepts of composition, cinematography, color, posing and lighting in visual media
• Background in studio or production lighting
• Background in artistic mediums such as photography, painting, or illustration
• Experience with Lighting in Unreal Engine 4
• Experience with Adobe Photoshop
• Experience with Autodesk Maya
• Passion for games and creating video content
• Strong communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment
• Able to work independently and own a project from start to completion
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is also adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation.