Epic Games is looking for a Community Manager to work on the Unreal Engine team and serve the large and growing developer community. The person in this role will act as a voice for Epic's Unreal Engine team while also advocating internally for the evolving needs of the diverse development community. The goal is to facilitate productive conversations that influence product decisions and maintain an open channel of communication regarding Unreal Engine activity. The person in this role will be a driving force coordinating the group effort it takes to inspire and support a self-sustaining community.
• Hosting and producing weekly episodes of Inside Unreal; building a complementary content schedule
• Initiating positive and supportive conversations inside the community around content, programs, contests, information and opportunities that will be of interest to the community
• Sorting, triaging, and funneling developer issues and feedback from the community through the relevant escalation paths; coordinating closely with stakeholders to communicate changes
• Engaging with the Unreal Engine community on forums and social channels, such as Facebook, Twitch, YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn, Reddit, and Discord
• Encouraging developer participation on owned channels; finding topics and resources to answer popular topics; channeling information into documentation; and guiding tone and policy.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Organized, flexible and able to work with stakeholders across teams
• A passion for games, real-time technology and 3D software
• Comfortable with social media and online communications
• Experience managing or working with creative communities
• Experience creating, moderating, or managing forums and other online communities
• Familiar with the vocabulary and high level process of game development in a C++ environment
• Game or software development background
Preference to candidates who:
• Have one or more shipped titles in career experience
• Come from a game or software development background
• Are comfortable speaking in public
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0y8nm-35-170-64-36-42 in your application.