Art at Epic
What we do
Push your artistic talent to the limit on a team of world-class environment, character and concept artists who strive to innovate and inspire.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic.
What you'll do
Epic Games is looking for a Character Render Animation Lead. In this role you will work closely with the Marketing Art Director to direct and supervise the posing for all new outfits added to Fortnite. If you are passionate about games and the production of top-tier CG entertainment then we'd like to talk to you!
In this role, you will
• Define the direction and attitude for the high-res renders of all new outfits added to Fortnite
• Collaborate closely with the Marketing Art Director and other shared services teams to create poses and compositions that satisfy the Art and Publishing teams' strategic goals
• Provide mentorship and supervise the work of entry and mid level animators on multiple simultaneous projects
• Provide direction and feedback to teams of outsourcers
• Develop tools and techniques that improve the quality and efficiency of the marketing render animation team
• Serve as point person in production meetings and reviews
• Partner with production to help scope out new projects
What we're looking for
• 5-8 years of relevant industry experience
• Extensive knowledge of anatomy and experience with storytelling through digital media
• Knowledge of traditional animation principles, acting, film production and compositional design
• Extensive experience in Maya
• Ability to quickly create draw overs or illustrations for other animators to work from
• Concept art and/or storyboarding experience is a plus
• Unreal Engine 4 or other real-time game engine knowledge
• Rigging and character modeling knowledge is a plus
• The ability to work with a team in a high pressure environment with very fast turnarounds
• You're user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 1,800+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we've been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic's award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.